The Seamanship Library manages digital versions of industry publications and flag state shipping notices and circulars. It can be used for publication outfit management and is capable of being integrated with any digital product that requires correction and updating.
The software has been created specifically for the Marine Industry, for use on ships, in the office, at home and while travelling. It allows a vast quantity of regulator and essential reading material to be fully searchable, saving hours of manual browsing.
Seamanship Library saves hours of indexing, checking and correcting legislation, notices and circulars. It features a powerful search engine, together with cross referencing of documents and clear on-screen indexing facilities.
The start-up DVD is pre-loaded with over 260 eBooks. Depending on which publications have been purchased, a licence will be generated which will allow the eBooks to be unlocked. The benefit of this is that it allows users to have the extra eBook files installed on their computer for access when required. There are also a further 400 eBooks available which can be downloaded and imported to the reader at any time.
Saving time, effort, space and money – it is the perfect solution for keeping compliant!
|Combine over 600 industry titles available as eBooks with Flag State notices|
|Pick and choose the Flag State regulations & publications as required|
|Powerful search engine for finding key pieces of information and legislation|
|Export large grids of data|
|Copy, paste text and images, print and add annotations|
|Update through online synchronisation as well as USB / DVD|
|Letters of equivalence and IMO certificate stored within the Reader software for inspections|
|Create favourites folder storing key titles and information in one central location for easy access|
|Multiple User Access|
|Free Auto-Renew service – sign up and your dedicated account manager will ensure you are kept up-to-date on all the latest publications and legislation.|
|Network solutions [Hyperlink to the network and cloud web pages]
Watch a short demo video here to showcase the benefits of the Seamanship Library
Witherby convert all published titles to eBook including titles published on behalf of:
- Oil Companies International Marine Forum (OCIMF)
- Society of International Gas Tanker and Terminal Operators (SIGTTO)
- International Association of Classification Societies (IACS)
- The International Tanker Owners Pollution Federation Ltd (ITOPF)
- Assuranceforeningen Skuld (SKULD)
- Tanker Structure Co-operative Forum
- Chartered Institute of Loss Adjusters (CILA)
- Institute of Risk Management (IRM)
- UK Chamber of Shipping
- Merchant Navy Training Board
- International Association of Independent Tanker Owner (INTERTANKO)
- Chemical Distribution Institute (CDI)
Witherby also provide digital services to the following organisations, making their titles available digitally through the Seamanship Library:
- The International Maritime Organization (IMO)
- The International Chamber of Shipping (ICS)
- International Association of Independent Tanker Owners (INTERTANKO
- Petrospot Ltd
- Shipping Guides Ltd
- Fathom Shipping Ltd
- Brown, Son & Ferguson
Digital flag State Shipping Notices and Circulars are available on annual subscription through the Seamanship Library software also compatible with the IMO Bookshelf. The subscription saves hours of searching, indexing, checking and correcting notices and circulars issued by the IMO, ILO and flag State authorities.
Bi-monthly USB updates are issued to ensure the vessel has the latest information required to remain compliant. [Hyperlink to Flag State info page.]
“This item of software is critical for our operation at Maersk Tankers…and …ensuring all persons within our organisation receive access.”
“Seamanship Library is a powerful tool in the hands of the seaman. As we know, it is nearly impossible to remember everything by memory, but it is very important to know where/how to find it. The ‘Seamanship Library’ is giving a chance to everybody on board to find what he needs, especially with the very useful search engine.”
MV ‘Pacific Lagoon’
Euronav Ship Management SAS
“The Seamanship Library is used on board very regularly by the officers and is now considered a ‘must have’. It is a very efficient tool; search is fast, support up-to-date and very accessible.”
Euronav Ship Management SAS
“All of the instructors and staff couldn’t believe how easy it was to use the program. Everyone was surprised by the completeness of the program. We have previously seen programs that were supposed to do what the Seamanship Library does and they did not.”
Merchant Marine Academy
- Windows XP SP2/SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8, 8.1 & 8.1 update (except RT Tablets) Operating System (32 bits or 64 bits).
- Microsoft .NET 2.0, 3.0 or 3.5 (administrative rights on the computer are required to install or upgrade .NET).
- .NET 2.0/3.x is preinstalled on Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- The network version needs to be installed on a shared network folder where the users have write permission.
- The type of file server hosting the shared network folder does not matter (on small networks, it can be a normal workstation).
- At least 5GB of free hard disc space